The Carter Family

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Happy New Year!

Published by Gabe, Amber, Jada and Micah Carter under on 6:21 PM
Our baby is growing so fast. She is already 12 days old today and looks older every day. We visited our friends Jamie, Karly, & Toby last night. We also saw Dan, Kristin, Eden and Matt & Alexis. We had such a great time hanging out with friends for New Year's Eve (although we took off before midnight so that we could start our bedtime routine before it got to be too late). It takes us quite a while to get ready for bed these days.

Jada met Eden for the first time last night (first picture). She's already a little social butterfly making so many friends. I'm so glad we were able to see the Hayes' before they take off to Mexico.

Jada's officially slept in her crib for a couple hours total now (second picture). We just put her in there during little daytime naps so that when it's time for her to sleep there at night, it will be a familiar place instead of new & scary. It's going to be hard on me when we have her sleep in her own room instead of right next to me in her bassinett, but I know that it's important for her to learn to sleep in her own room. I'm just holding on to every little second I have with her right next to me for now.

Yesterday, we bought a Moby (third picture) which is a great sling wrap that is really comfortable & holds Jada very securely. She loves it because she gets to be close to Mommy (she's currently taking a nap in there & is soundly sleeping) and I love it because I can get things done around the house and hold her at the same time!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said... @ January 2, 2009 at 5:56 PM

You are so adorable with your baby all wrapped up next to you! But what are those scary looking things hanging down from the crib?

Post a Comment

 

Followers