The Carter Family

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Adventures with the Hairdryer

Published by Gabe, Amber, Jada and Micah Carter under on 2:21 PM
Sometimes Jada wakes up from her morning nap before I'm done getting ready for the day. When this happens, I'll just put her in the Moby and let her watch me dry my hair, brush my teeth, or put on makeup. She particularly likes the hairdryer. I don't blow it directly on her, of course, but the white noise it creates somehow makes her pretty happy and content. This is a quick snapshot of her I took with my phone while I was drying my hair this morning.

Not only do we get ready in the morning together, but she also enjoys helping Mommy clean, bake, or even put the laundry away. I like to explain to her everything we're doing throughout the day. "This is Daddy's brown shirt. It goes in the closet". I think it will help her with language development. It's crazy to think that soon she'll be making little noises to communicate with us (besides crying, which is more of a big noise). I wonder what her first word will be...



-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said... @ January 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I vote for "mama"! : ) Especially if you constantly talk to her saying "mama is here" "mama is going to..." "mama will ....." My husband called it cheating but it worked both times! : )

When can I come over again? She looks so much older already!

Claudia

Rebecca said... @ January 31, 2009 at 7:19 PM

What a sweet little face! How precious!

Post a Comment

 

Followers