The Carter Family

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Jada's Little Routine

Published by Gabe, Amber, Jada and Micah Carter under on 7:46 PM
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Jada is 5 weeks old today. This last Tuesday was her one month birthday. I can't believe she was born over a month ago. We can count her age in months now, not just weeks. Moms have always told me "it goes by so fast" and now I'm experiencing it. She reallyis already growing so fast.

I love being a mommy. I love watching her observe everything around her, soaking in new information, her attempts to communicate to us by her expressions, noises, & smiles.

She is truly amazing and our little miracle. We're so blessed by our little Jada. Every day is a new adventure. She honestly looks so much different every day. How incredible it is to experience being such an important part of her life each day.

Are you wondering what Jada's little day looks like? Here's our current schedule (I say current because I hear once you think you're on a routine, baby decides to mix things up a little)! For the past two weeks, though, the night hasn't strayed more than 15-30 minutes from what's listed below. I'm so proud of her little ability to stick to the routine. It really makes life more predictable for both baby and parents.

Daily Routine

7:00- We wake up (our last nighttime feeding & diaper change).
8:00am- I carry Jada downstairs in the Moby & she intently watches me make coffee & eat my cereal.
8:30am - We all go for a walk- Jada's in the Moby & the dogs on the leash.
9:00am- We're back from our walk & Jada's asleep in the Moby. I have about 1.5 hrs to sit at the table & get some work done (currently working on taxes, but could be any type of paperwork project).
10:30am- I slyly slip off the Moby in the middle of our bed & she rolls out still sleeping. I move away any cloth from around her face then book it to the shower - I have about 20 min. to get ready before she wakes up!
11:00am- I feed Jada.
12:00pm- Now I'm ready for lunch too, so she watches me make then eat lunch from her fantastic view in the Moby.
12:30- Now we'll just do whatever is on the To-Do list for the day... could be cleaning, going to the grocery store, a playdate, Dr. Appt etc.
2:00pm- I feed Jada.
3:00- We start making dinner together.
5:00pm- Yay! Gabe's home from work! I feed Jada again then Gabe & I eat dinner & the 3 of us hang out as a family.
8:00pm- I feed Jada then Gabe & I put Jada down to sleep in her room.
9:00pm- My bedtime! I usually get my longest stretch of sleep now.
12:30am- Jada wakes up & I feed her. Then back to bed.
4:00am- Jada wakes up & I feed her. Then back to bed.
7:00am- We get up...a new day has begun and Jada's a whole day older. Wow.

3 comments:

Katie said... @ January 24, 2009 at 10:36 PM

She's such a good baby! I can't believe she's five weeks old already :)

Betsy said... @ January 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM

So I originally was just *thinking* that I ought to get a Moby....now I'm sure! I have a sneaking suspicion that that'll be a lifesaver, especially when I have to pay attention to Bella too. Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Anonymous said... @ January 26, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Sounds like a great girl and a great mommy! Those wraps are great huh! I waited to long to get one for ella and she didn't use to much but your little precious one seems to love it and it seems to help you get a ton done! Love you guys Vera

Post a Comment

 

Followers